Join us for a fun and practical, interactive day looking at mindfulness – what it is and how you can apply it in your practice. Reserve your seat!
This workshop will give you the chance to practice new skills and take part in plenty of lively group work and case study analysis. There will also be networking opportunities and the chance to find out about working in other settings. A degree of self-reflection will be encouraged during activities, but personal disclosure will be optional. There will be some brief meditation exercises, but the majority of the day will be about using mindfulness as another tool in your professional toolkit. We won’t be lying on the floor and doing any deep breathing!
The day will cover:
- How we perceive, feel and think
- Dissociation, rumination and over thinking
- Cultivating awareness of our bodies and our environment
- Becoming more accepting of experience
- Applying mindfulness to stressful life experiences (inc. bereavement, serious illness, new baby, new job, moving house, divorce)
- Techniques to use when working with your clients
- (Note: although we will be mentioning it, this workshop will not be focusing on the MBCT therapy for depression).
10am – 4.00pm (Coffee and registration from 9.30am, Lunch and refreshments provided)Price: £65 per person. 5 HOURS CPD – certificate supplied.Venue: Borderville Sports Centre Ryhall Road, Stamford, Lincolnshire PE9 1US http://www.bordervillesportscentre.co.ukFor more information, contact: email@example.com